Ceilidh Dance Caller
Explaining the dance steps, inviting people onto the floor, and generally having a bit of chat with the audience in between the tunes, The Jiggers dance caller will be experienced, friendly and encouraging. They’ll put your guests at their ease, and help the night go brilliantly!
(The caller will also be one of the musicians, so you’re not paying for an extra band member.)
DJ - Disco
Combining the ceilidh and DJ makes for a really great night. This is by far the most popular package we offer, as it caters for a wider variety of musical tastes.
Hire our DJ to play the music YOU want. Do you want to choose some of your favourite songs? Or do you have a song blacklist? You are in control.
What you get:
- Our experienced DJ – in tune with your guests
- Start off the evening with ceilidh, finish with disco
- High quality atmospheric & disco lights included
- Massive song library for requests
- A DJ who is friendly and professional
- Wide range of songs & styles
- Well known floor-fillers
- Choose your own song for a first/last dance
- Intersperse your own favourite songs (if required)
- Blacklist any songs you definitely don’t want
- Background music DJ option (to create an atmosphere)
You can also hire our solo DJ for your event if you just want to boogie all night!
Please get in touch for more information.
Choose the five-piece covers band line up and we can sing a set or two of classic tunes to get people dancing.
Typical songs we cover –
- Van Morrison – Brown Eyed Girl
- Chuck Berry – You Never Can Tell
- Bryan Adams – Summer of ’69
- Stevie Wonder – Superstition
- Dolly Parton – Nine to Five
etc…Call us for more info on the covers band line-up.
First Dance Options
- Give us your favourite song on CD/mp3 player and we’ll play it over the PA system.
- Have the band play a traditional Scottish Waltz like The Dark Island or Ashokan Farewell.
- If you book the 5-piece covers band, we can arrange to perform your first dance live.
However you would like to do it (or even if you want to skip it entirely!), we’re happy to advise, and we’ll ensure it goes without a hitch on the night.
PA Amplification for speeches
We use high quality, well-maintained and reliable sound equipment for all our events.
If you’d like us to come and set it up early so you can use it during the day we are happy to arrange this.
- Hi-fidelity PA equipment
- Sound engineer on hand to ensure optimal sound
- DJ system for tailored background music
For corporate events, the Jiggers ceilidh band will provide a versatile service that includes
- Our excellent dance caller
- First-class professional musicians
- An enjoyable performance with broad appeal
- An experienced DJ (for background or disco)
- Hi-spec, PAT tested equipment
- Public Liability Documentation
- Dedicated Point of Contact (with reliable availability)
- Hassle-free business invoicing
- Contingency procedures
You can customise the package in the following ways:
- Professional sound and lighting team
- Conference audio (radio mic systems etc)
- Bagpiper to welcome/pipe in guests
- Early setup/soundcheck if required
- Flexible playing times
- Different band size (4/5/6)
- Covers set as well as ceilidh set
- Demonstration Dancers
- Other performers e.g. pipe band/highland dancers
- Budget packages for smaller events
Call us now for more information and a tailored quote.
Flexible Set-Up/Finish Times
Typical bookings are around three to four hours.
Example (standard 8-12, ceilidh & DJ):
7pm – band arrives to set up
8pm – first dance and ceilidh
9.30pm – break (background music)
10pm – ceilidh resumes
10.30– ceilidh finish/DJ start
12.00 – DJ finish
This is just an example though – we’ll do it the way you want it!
If you’d like us to start or finish later or earlier, we are happy to offer this.
We can also arrange to set up the PA system and band earlier in the day (venue permitting). Just ask us about early set-up.
If your planned schedule changes, we are happy to accommodate – you don’t need to have the whole schedule finalised before you book us.
Contact us if you have any questions!
Small or Large Band
- five piece ceilidh & covers band –
combine a ceilidh set and a covers set for plenty of variety.
Fiddle, drums, bass, guitar and singer. (includes caller)
- five piece band –
big impressive sound, good for larger events/venues.
Typical 5-piece line up: fiddle x 2, guitar, bass, drums. (includes caller)
- four piece band –
our classic line-up, suitable for most venues unless stage area is at a premium.
Typical 4 piece line up: fiddle, guitar/keys, bass, drumkit. (includes caller)
- three piece band –
A good, lively option – cost-effective, good for small venues or shorter ceilidhs.
Typical 3 piece line up: fiddle, guitar/keys, drumkit. (includes caller)
- two piece band –
Perfect for a more acoustic ceilidh set. No drums, just great foot-stomping tunes.
Typical 2 piece line up: Guitar, fiddle.
- eight piece ceilidh band –
Make a huge impact with our four fiddlers leading the band. Popular for corporate events. (plus drums, bass, guitar, keyboards for a knockout rhythm section!)
For clients who are looking for a simplified, low-cost entertainment solution, remember to ask us about *REJIGGED*
Here’s a video of the different band line-up from 2 to 5 piece. https://vimeo.com/56916190
Pro lighting/PA options
We use high quality PA and lighting equipment that is suitable for the typical events we play. If you’d like us to provide our special room lighting package (e.g. uplighters for around a marquee) then just ask! This can help transform even the most basic of halls into a really beautiful atmosphere.
Certain larger events benefit from a dedicated sound/lighting/visual tech team. We are happy to supply this, or to liaise with your technical subcontractors.
You can hire either 2 or 4 dancers. Our demo dancers will:
- Encourage people onto the floor
- Work with the dance caller
- Give a visual demonstration as the dance is called
- Take part in the dances*
*If the dance floor becomes too busy, they will make space for the guests.
Part of the fun of a ceilidh is that many people are learning the steps as they go along. We don’t take it too seriously – It’s not a hard-core Scottish Country Dance class, and the dances are chosen because they’re fun and easy to pick up. Demo dancers can help because it means none of your guests need to worry about being first on the dance-floor.
If you have guests from foreign countries like … England (or even further afield!) it’s important to show them the meaning of Scottish hospitality, and that includes a good ceilidh!
The Jiggers are experienced with international audiences, and perform all over the world. We can work with interpreters if required, and can supply demo dancers as well. Our caller will ensure that the steps are communicated clearly and simply. Your guests will be encouraged to find that there’s no such thing as a mistake – it’s just creative improvisation.